Thursday, April 19, 2012

Preface

Hello and thank you for joining me.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'll take this opportunity to give you a little insight into yours truly. For those of you who already know me, shut the hell up and keep reading. It'll be pretty short, sweet, and to the point.

WHO I AM: I am a daily news reporter. I'm a nice guy. I have days when I think I'm really fat. I normally have pretty dumb, inane thoughts about things (that I often forget).

That's basically me in a nutshell. Well, not really, but I've nailed down the important facts, but it's up to you to find out a little bit more about me as I continue this "journey" (however far this may take us). And please. Don't be shy. Feel free to comment.

So why did I decide to write this? I've been thinking about blogging for some time, but wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to write about. It almost seems like a form of narcissism to me, showing the world just how smart you are, hoping CNN will eventually take notice, read your posts, and put you on air as an "expert" or "professional blogger" after you've raged about some trending topic that might be in the news these days. 

Actually, the thought came to me while I ranted and raved about Bollywood and its "fraternity" (Aishwarya Rai called it that during an interview I did with her once, and every "in" person seems to call it that, so I'll use that term too). Problem is, I just got lazy and never bothered. The good thing with doing this now is that I can't be chastised for having an opinion AND expressing it. In one segment, I bitched about why people like Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh Khan should give up their careers. Unfortunately, people don't like hearing the truth. The truth that PZ looks like a chipmunk, hasn't put out a decent performance since Dil Chahta Hai, or that SRK is really an overacting melodramatist. How many more times can we see him do the same two or three roles over and over and over again? Was I the only one who rolled his eyes everytime he saw that damned trailer for My Name Is Khan? Quite frankly, I've never liked him. He's always seemed so...fake on screen.

What? What happened after I broadcast my views, you ask? Simple. I was told "we need to give people what they want, and they don't want to hear anything you have to say". Apparently, I needed to rein it in. So I did, because apparently I was threatened. Yup. But now, I won't. Hence the "Bollywood Un-Hero". So, PZ. Give it up. Your days are over. Oh, wait, PZ you HAVE given it up! If only SRK would listen.

I'd like to say I love Bollywood, but I can't. I did, but not anymore. But that's for a later post. That and the IIFAs. Woah.

I decided to keep this post short. But I will end by letting you mull over something that's been bugging me for years:

How did Poochie end up in Kaho Na...Pyaar Hai?


Seriously, was Poochie (The Simpsons, 1997) the inspiration for Raj Chopra (Kaho Na...Pyaar Hai, 2000)? Perhaps a more apt title would have been Kaho Na...Poochie Hai.

No comments:

Post a Comment